Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Eccoci Celebrates Breast Cancer Surviors

October is breast cancer awareness month and many companies participate by offering deals and incentives such as donating a dollar for every promotional item sold. It’s a great way to raise money for the cause. Eccoci however, took the cake for their efforts to raise awareness. From October 14-17 the downtown location in my city celebrated breast cancer survivors. I had the pleasure of being there on the 14th to photograph pictures of a mini fashion show that was held in the store. The models were a lovely bunch of survivors who were not  only humorous and entertaining but also very inspiring.

The ladies chose two outfits to model in, had their makeup done, and then strutted their stuff for me. Eccoci also provided lunch for the ladies and myself and allowed all the ladies to take home their outfits. The manager, who is the woman behind this brilliant heartwarming idea, is one of the sweetest people I know. A survivor herself, this cause hits home for her and perhaps for that reason she could truly relate and empathize with the women.

I love photography in general, but this was a different kind of shoot. For one, it didn’t feel like work. It was more like a store party that I was so fortunate to be invited to. We were trying on clothes, taking pictures and sharing stories. I was truly sad to see the day end. But as a thank you for doing the shoot,  I got to take three pieces from the store home! I chose a dressy winter coat, a beautiful skirt and creatively crafted cardigan.The manager also included a belt.

Eccoci sells dressy items like great evening skirts and dresses. But they also have comfy cardigans and well tailored shirts and pants that are essentials for any wardrobe.

Eccoci is also having a breast cancer awareness online promotion that you can check out. It includes free shipping, an extra 40% of your entire purchase and coupons to use in store. And don't forget to bring in a bra when you visit Eccoci to get a free belt or scarf!

I had a great time being there and give my best to the strong inspiring women all over the world that are battling breast cancer. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment