Sunday, June 13, 2010

Beauty Dayz: Lush Space Girl Bath Bomb Review

The space girl bath bomb from lush is a whole lot of cosmic fun. I used it the other day and here is my review of it.

Pros:

Smells great:  The space girl bath bomb smells like black currants and grapefruit. It also has a slight perfume scent to it. Its scent really comes out in the water and can last on your skin for a while but it isn’t an overpowering or overwhelming scent. 

Good cocktail option: Because the scent is not too strong it’s a good bath bomb to cocktail with other bath bombs like the sakura, avobath or happy blossoming bath melt.

Not too messy: Unlike some of lushes other bath bombs, this one didn’t leave a big mess in my tub. It has some sparkles on the outside of it but most of these go down the drain after the bath and there aren’t enough to leave a galaxy sized mess in the tub.

Cons

No great skin benefit. This bath bomb was mediocre in terms of softening my skin. I had thought that the oils in it would help to silken my skin but it didn’t really do much on that end. It just made the water oily.

Doesn’t fizz long: This is a fast fizzing bath bomb, and it isn’t spectacular to look at while it is fizzing. I thought it would take a long time, but it disappeared faster than a rocket through space.

I’ll assume lush created this bath bomb for fun purposes, because that’s what it is. It has a nice smell and would be fun to cocktail with others.  I give it a four out of five.

You can see the space girl in action in this video

No comments:

Post a Comment